Sunday, 11 September 2016

The production process and technical review - Luftwaffe equipment

BMW Flugmotorenbau GmbH in 1936 moved into the new factory it had built at Allach on the outskirts of Munich. This is where the MTU Aero Engines is located today. (source: www.mtu.de)
With the BMW 801, BMW Flugmotorenbau GmbH developed the first German twin-row radial engine. With the Nazi regime’s ever-expanding military build-up and the subsequent war, during which the BMW 801 found extensive use as the powerplant for a number of fighter aircraft, among them the Focke-Wulf Fw190, the company pushed the speed of development and the scale of production to the limits of its capacity. Sadly it even went far beyond, especially towards the end of the war, when thousands of forced laborers had to work at the plant to further increase its output. After just two years of development, the first engines were delivered in 1940, and production — which mainly took place in Munich-Allach — was ramped up to around 1,000 units per month by early 1944. In all, the company produced some 30,000 BMW 801s. (source: www.mtu.de)
Add caption
Assembly line of BMW 801 engine from Focke-Wulf Fw190


BMW 801 TJ mounted in the BMW Flugmotorenbau GmbH
Two Ju 87 D in the final stages of production process
Junkers Ju87 Stuka assembly in Junkers Plant - Dessau-Roßlau, Germany.
Technical overview of the aircraft Dornier Do17 in Belgium, September 1940
Production of cockpits for the Junkers Ju88, factory in Rüsselsheim, 1943
Secret underground factory corridor of V1 - Nordhausen, Germany, 1945

Ju 87B assembly line - Weser plant
Ju 87B assembly line - Weser plant
Ju 87B assembly line - Weser plant

Production line of Bf 109s













Messerschmitt Bf 109s in Wiener Neustadter Flugzeugwerk factory