Wednesday, 30 December 2015

Armament crews of the Luftwaffe

P08 Parabellum / Luger 

The name comes from the Latin sentence: "Si vis pacem, para bellum" - if you want peace, prepare for war :). Herman Goering personally prefered and insisted on Lugers for the Luftwaffe. Reiclzsmarshall decided in 1934 or thereabouts that his Luftwaffe would be armed with Lugers to be supplied by the Heinrich Kriegholf firm of Suhl, in which he had either a personal or a financial interest. KrieghofT acquired some of the still plentiful spare parts left over from 1918, and cheerfully
went to work assembling Parabellums.






The Parabellum Story


Rifle

The Karabiner 98 kurz (carbine 98 short, often abbreviated as Kar98k, K98, or K98k) is a bolt-action rifle chambered for the 7.92×57mm Mauser cartridge that was adopted on 21 June 1935 as the standard service rifle by the German Wehrmacht.[2] It was one of the final developments in the long line of Mauser military rifles. Although supplemented by semi- and fully automatic rifles during World War II, it remained the primary German service rifle until the end of the war in 1945. Millions were captured by the Soviets at the conclusion of World War II and were widely distributed as military aid. The Karabiner 98k therefore continues to appear in conflicts across the world as they are taken out of storage during times of strife.



Bf-109 G Trop + K 98

Bf-109 G Trop + K 98

M40

(Wiki)The MP 40 was a submachine gun chambered for the 9×19mm Parabellum cartridge. It was developed in Nazi Germany and used extensively by the Axis powers during World War II.
Designed in 1938 by Heinrich Vollmer with inspiration from its predecessor the MP 38, it was heavily used by infantrymen, paratroopers, platoon and squad leaders on the Eastern and Western Front. Its advanced and modern features made it a favorite among soldiers and popular in countries from various parts of the world after the war. It was often erroneously called "Schmeisser" by the Allies, despite Hugo Schmeisser's non-involvement in the weapon's design and production. From 1940 to 1945, an estimated 1.1 million were produced by Erma Werke.

MP40 was part of a set of emergency Luftwaffe bombers crews - North Africa, in 1942, also was standard equipment Henschel Hs 129, stored in the clipboard on the left wing.

Full information about M40 you can find just click HERE

Ausbildungsvorschrift für die Infanterie (1942) 

Die Maschinenpistole 40 Beschreibung und handhabung

Kieler Lehrthemen nr. 29 (1943)

M38 40 Brochure













 Kapmmesser knife

 The Luftwaffe Flyer's Knife (Flieger-Kappmesser) was intended for emergency use by aircrew. Its blade was housed within the grip, from which it was 'dropped' out by pressing on a spring clip. The clip was then employed to lock the blade in open position. This mechanism enabled the knife to be opened using one hand and also gave the it its alternative name of 'gravity knife'. The knife also featured a marlinspike. It is most famous for its issue to German paratroopers (who formed part of the Luftwaffe). The intention was that they could use it to cut themselves free from entangling parachute cords or harness. A close copy of the knife was made in Britain during the war, but never issued in quantity. Associated service: German Air Force (aircrew and paratroopers) after 1938





Flieger-Leuchtpistole L/ A flare gun

TheFliegerhose starting from 1941, had a pocket for pistol Leuchtpistole signal, signal flag, 10 flares kal.27, knife Kappmesser 37 and two dressings

Click here for MORE